The purpose of healthy eating is to preserve good health, while a diet assists in regaining one’s health or preventing foreseen illnesses. Guidelines to healthy eating are soft, careful, sensitive to eating habits, taste, personality and cultural background. Diet however is based on more strict principles, since its goal is to cure the person. Tamasi diet is recommended for strict individuals determined to get cured and is to be applied only with a doctor’s supervision.
According to my experience the majority of people suffer from either troubles of the digestive system, intestinal flora, abnormality of stool, food allergies or sicknesses stemming from the digestive system and appearing in other parts of the body (ie. migraine, catarrh, fatigability, joint aches, problems of the vascular system). Various more serious diseases such as arteriosclerosis, cancer, allergy, hormonal imbalance, autoimmune diseases can all be connected to the digestive system so fixing it is an important part of the therapy. Therefore the majority of patients need to be treated through a diet. Naturally all diseases require a special diet typical for that disease. Yet it is reasonable to ask whether there is any common factor in them, is there such a diet which is effective for most diseases, one that removes a number of frequent causes instead of or before analyzing expensive and tiring medical inspections one by one? My opinion is that such a diet exists, but it cannot be found in any of the professional sources or educational literature. Thus I will hereby try to summarize the most important principles by which if followed by a patient, not only will one be able to cure one’s illness, but can do the most to prevent other diseases from appearing. The Tamasi diet requires additional instructions in case of children and young adults up to the age of 20, during pregnancy and in all cases when the nature of a disease or food sensitivity is known. The diagnosis will reveal further information to make proper corrections in the diet.
The diet described herewith may sound a little surprising at first, yet by its application an efficient quality of life can be obtained. Diet means a “livable” life, proven by many of my patients who live according to its principles and through recovery recognize its purpose. As one’s condition improves, it is possible that certain parts of the diet be skipped at some point while the quality of life continues to improve.
The most important general rules:
1. Avoid eating meat and dairy products. These food ingredients that come from animals contain too much proteins that the body cannot make use of which then generally remain in the digestive system half digested, fostering the development of rotting bacteria and clinkering of the body. Lactalbumins are very much connected to food allergies, therefore are often the cause of inflamed mucuosa. Lactose sensitivity which is very common and often not discovered, causes discomfort again. Animal products contain a lot of unnecessary saturated fat which impedes the formation of prostaglandin. The digestive system requires fibers in order for a proper rapidity of passage, but neither meat nor dairy products contain any. Meat carries a lot of ptomaines, toxic substances induced by fear of animals at the time of death, as well as substances used in the process of stock-raising and medical treatment, hormones which directly poison the human body. Meat and dairy products contain no substances which could not be gained from plants by a human adult, since these animals live off of plants themselves. Genetically modified food products appear more often in foraging and is more difficult to keep track of which then reach the human consumer as well. Meat and dairy products of animals may endanger humans with more serious diseases than plants can(such as Newcastle disease and Avian influenza, mad cow disease, APP swine disease, verminous diseases, tuberculosis, etc..)
2. Avoid food products made of wheat, German wheat, rye, barley, that is pastas, breads, muesli, even if they are made of whole wheat. These grains are most common to contain gluten. My experiences show that almost half of people are sensitive to gluten. Much of the time gluten tests in these cases do not show positive results. Yet, if these food ingredients are not consumed a number of symptoms improve, anywhere from migraines and endometriosis to depression. Excessive consumption of such grains is an unnecessary strain of carbohydrates even if they are whole grain. Too much carbohydrates foster the increase of blood lipids, arteriolosclerosis, weakening of the immune system.
3. Avoid sugar, honey, drinks and food sweetened by glucose, do not drink alcoholic drinks! These are an unwanted strain for the body urging the intestinal flora towards fermenting, being favorable for the spread of fungi, burdening the liver and the digestive system.
4. Do not eat conserved, ready-made food or additives! These substances are toxic for the human body. They detain normal metabolic processes and destroy proper intestinal flora.
5. Avoid peanuts and brazil-nut and at the beginning of our diet try to avoid other oilseeds such as: cashews, almonds, pistachios, macadamia nut, American peanut, sunflower seeds. After one month however you can start including them in your diet one after the other.
6. Avoid animal fat, except butter or ghee made out of butter. Do not use bottled vegetable oil, margarine, coconut fat. Use various types of cold-pressed vegetable oils in small quantities.
5. Consume a lot of steamed and raw vegetables, fruits fresh, dried or bottled! You can take potatoes, rice, millet, amaranth, buckwheat, corn, oat, mushrooms, pulses, tofu. You can have preparations made out of chickpea, like hummus, and falafel. Use xylit or stevia for sweetening. Drink pure water, fresh fruit juices, herbal teas and coffee substitute. Use as much herbs for seasoning as possible, as well as onions and garlic. We can take pickled cucumbers, especially fermented ones. Eat a lot of ground poppy seed, coconut, tropical fruits, avocados. Instead of cow’s milk have rice, almond, oat or soy milk and their dairy products.
This way we can make sure that our eating will be full of fibers, living vegetable substances and little dead materials. It is important that we avoid excessiveness, and we eat regularly, not too late at night. We should chew our bites well and try to eat slowly. Our diet should match our present condition, the season and our physical activeness.
If our body weight allows, we should do a 1-3 week long detoxifying liquid fast at least every 2-3 months, also with a doctor’s supervision.
|Allowed foods||Not to eat||Only to a limited extent (after 6 weeks of diet in small amounts or gradually increasing the amount)|
|Maize or maize products (maize waffles, maize pasta, Cornflakes, Popcorn, etc.)||Wheat, barley, oats, rye||Gluten-free cereal products (dietary gluten-free foods)|
|Rice and rice products
(rice waffles, rice noodles)
|Buckwheat, Millet, Amarnt, Quinoa||Spelt, kamut, spelt wheat (emmer), bulgur, couscous|
(peas, beans, lentils, yellow peas, mung beans, chickpeas)
(fresh, dried, compote, juices, etc.)
|Spices, herbs, salt||Glutamate spices
(maggi, vegeta, etc.)
|Almond milk, rice milk, buckwheat milk, quinoa milk||Milk
(Cow’s milk, sheep’s milk, goat’s milk, mare’s milk)
|Dairy products from almonds, rice (yoghurt, etc.)||Dairy products
(cheese, cream, yoghurt, sour cream, buttermilk, cottage cheese, etc.) from cow’s milk, goat’s milk, sheep’s milk, including lactose-free products.
|Soy, soy products
(tofu, soy sausages, soy granules, soy cubes, slices, desserts, yogurts, cheeses, etc., soy milk only in small quantities!)
|Cold pressed oils (olive oil, maize seed oil, linseed oil, pumpkin seed oil, etc.)||Bottled commerce and frying oils|
(pig fat, mangalica fat, etc., butter, ghee)
|Meat and meat products, cold cuts||Fish, seafood|
|Stevia, Xylit, Maple Syrup, Agave Syrup||Sugar||Honey
(Except those who are allergic to honey !!)
(except for those who are allergic to hazelnuts !!!)
|Pure water, herbal tea, juice, vegetable juice, smoothies, sauerkraut juice, etc.||Drinks that contain sugar|
(Based on chicory or dandelion, rice and buckwheat)
Black tea only in moderation
|Coffee, Grain Coffee, Malt Coffee|
|Canned food, soup cubes, semi-prepared foods, foods containing additives|