The Mayr-cure is usually used as a detoxifying treatment for patients suffering from gastrointestinal diseases (also). But we also choose this if the patient has normal body shape or leaner, but needs a more intense detoxification. The modified Mayr cure is actually a liquid fast with some rice eating and chewing training It is important that the rice should be hard rice slice because only this can be thoroughly chewed. So for those who have already did the Buchinger’s type fast, there is no surprise in the course of the cure, only chewing and abdominal treatment during the Mayr cure is the special part of the cure.
Be sure to read the general knowledge needed for fasting here and try to follow it!
You can read the materials and procedures needed for fasting here!
Keep a fasting diary!
Consult me regularly, preferably twice a week, but at least once a week! Ask for an appointment, or if you don’t have the opportunity to come in person, you can replace it once or twice with an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) report! What do you need to write to me?
- Refer to your first appearance or remind me what was your complaint about, which is why I suggested fasting (I don’t always remember everything by the name alone)
- On which day are you in your fasting?
- Your body weight (not only how much, but also how much has it changed) + Your height
- Your daily fluid intake
- Daily stool count and consistency
- Your wellbeing
The goal of the cure
- soothening of the digestive system, and inflammations, training of digestive functions
- eating behaviour training
INTRODUCTION OF THE CURE (POSSIBLE ONE WEEK)
This week the person
- in the evening can only drink tea, so you can’t have dinner
- do a 10 minute morning exercise
- rub your skin dry before taking a morning shower, always finish the shower with a short cold shower, then lightly apply almond oil to your skin
- when eating, chew the food thoroughly (30-50 times!)
- never sit down to eat tired or very hungry (always relax a little before meals!)
- drink at least 2-3 liters of fluid a day (do not drink or drink little during meal and only drink more half an hour before and after a meal!)
- quit, but at least greatly reduce smoking, coffee, sweets, heavy salting, fatty foods, meat eating multiple times a week, sleeping pills, sedatives
- preferably after 3-4 pm in the afternoon, do not eat raw foods, vegetables, fruits
- try to watch TV, listen to radio as little as possible, instead, try to go to bed in time
- if possible, do not plan too many programs, things to do for the coming days / weeks (you will need much more rest during fasting and diet, your performance may temporarily decrease).
You can also use the Potato diet as an introductory week!
Daily schedule during the cure
- Morning: Drink lukewarm bitter salt on an empty stomach (mix 1 teaspoon of salt in 2 dl of lukewarm water) or do the enema.
- Morning exercise: 10-15 minutes minimum
- Morning toilet: dry rubbing (starting from the right foot, moving upwards) showering (use plenty of soap!), changing the shower at the end, lubricate the body, measuring bodyweight!
- Breakfast: chew the rice slice thoroughly, a bite at least 30-50x, then when it has a sweet taste and mushy, swallow it with a teaspoon of rice milk (5 rice slices, 2-3 dl of rice milk) give at least 20-30 minutes for a meal, eat in calmness.
- Before midday: drink plenty of fluids (teas, centrifuged diluted juices, mineral water)
- At midday: never start eating completely exhausted or disturbed!
- meal at: 12:00 soup, at 14:00 rice slices, rice milk
- if you have the opportunity, before lunch or after, put a bottle of hot water on your stomach for at least 1/2 hour, then walk a little
- Afternoon: plenty of fluids, possibly afternoon rest, sleep, walk, hike, movement exercises
- In the evening: consume tea, soup or rice milk or other gluten-free cereal gel (if you are very hungry you can have a few slices of rice, but chew it thoroughly now!)
- if you haven’t exercised before, start doing it now!
- abdominal massage (with circular movements)
- evening toilet (same as in the morning, remember that the shower should be finished with a short cold shower now!)
- go to bed at 10 pm at the latest (don’t watch TV, don’t read an exciting novel, relax before!)
- if you did not have the opportunity during the day, it is essential to put a bottle of warm water on your stomach in the evening.
You can read about the additional tools, materials, and procedures needed for a Mayr cure here.
PREPARATION OF VEGETABLE SOUPS
During the course of treatment, the goal is to consume as little stimulant as possible and as little to digest as possible, so that the digestive system performs excretion instead of absorption. Therefore, fasting soups are made from vegetables, are low in salt, need to be pressed down and filtered (they will be like tomato juice), but at the same time they need to be varied daily.
Vegetable soups can be: potato soup, carrot soup, celery soup, tomato soup, cauliflower soup, broccoli soup, etc.
Ingredients for 4 servings
1 liter water
250 g vegetables
For seasoning: ½ leeks or a little parsley root, ¼ celery tuber, or ½ fennel root
spices: ½ teaspoon of cumin and marjoram, 1 pinch of salt (less salty than otherwise when cooking) and ground nutmeg, or 1 teaspoon of anise or ground coriander, teaspoon of yeast flakes, 4 teaspoons of freshly cut parsley, or peppermint, basil, fresh marjoram, fresh coriander leaf
Wash the vegetables well, chop them unpeeled. Bring the water to boil, add the vegetables and simmer for 10-20 minutes. (cooking time in a pressure cooker is 5-7 minutes). The soup is removed from the heat and then pressed through a filter to give a lightly creamy juice, seasoned with spices, sprinkled with yeast flakes and parsley.
½ liters of water, 3 tablespoons of cereal or seeds (rice, flaxseed, corn, buckwheat, etc., but try to choose gluten-free varieties)
Bring the seeds or flakes to the boil in water for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat. The mash is pressed through a filter. The pulp can also be flavoured with cinnamon, a little honey or fruit juice and consumed in a sip. We can also make it from the so called “beauty – health ground grain”
You can also use ready-made milks: rice milk, buckwheat milk, etc.
The summarised daily program during fasting
After getting up and urinating, we measure and record our weight. This is followed by a dry body brushing, followed by an alternating shower and then an oily lubrication of the skin. We consume a glass of hot clean water. Then the bitter salt, also with a small glass of water. We make our daily liquids to take with us (teas, mineral water, freshly squeezed juice, cereal mash, possibly soup). Their amount is good if it exceeds 3 litres. Drink tea a little later in the morning. Next is the movement program, preferably in the morning, but can also be done in the evening. Once in the morning and afternoon, take the alkaline powder dissolved in a glass of water. During the days when we are on holiday, read, we should look for our own personal development. However, fasting can be done safely while at work too. In the afternoon or evening, do the liver wrap. During the day, keep a fast diary, in which we record our body weight, blood pressure, changes in well-being, the amount of fluid consumed, the number of stools excreted, and the time spent on exercise.
Structure of the fasting diary
|Amount of fluids consumed
Important rule: The cure does not mean starvation – whoever starves during the cure is doing something wrong!
The signs of detoxification can be
- Mouth odor
- Plaque on the tongue
- More intense sweating
- Dark smelly stool
- More intense white flow
Possible complaints during a cure
- Headache (happens mainly with consumers of coffee in the first three days, drink more fluids but not coffee)
- Dizziness (move more, stand up slowly)
- Feeling of hunger (drink more)
- Fatigue (sleep more, relax during the day or take a nap, drink green tea)
- Insomnia (drink lemongrass, hop tea)
- Nausea, vomiting (uncommon, may occur in bile and liver diseases)
- Pain may occur in the usual places, especially in the first half of fasting (eg joint pain)
- Leg cramps (increase the dose of mineral tablets)
- Bad dreams (can have a healing effect)
Further possible actions during fasting
- Mayr’s type of abdominal treatment, which we can also do for ourselves if necessary, in a special form (with circular movements)
- go to bed at 10 am at the latest (don’t watch TV before, or read an exciting novel, just relax!)
- During the day you can take some spoons from cereal mash, soups, it provides a pleasant feeling
- Don’t involve everyone in that you are doing a fast, because with this you just put yourself out to unnecessary criticism
- If you have a family and the rest of the family is not with you, clarify your unshakable intentions with them in time, ask for their understanding and to give you more peace during this time (it is good to have a room where you can always retreat a little)
- Avoid all programs that are not mandatory (cinema, theater, etc.).
- During the fast, reaction time lengthens, better no not drive too often, or if you drive, be more careful
- Move as much you can, wherever you can, go on foot, get off from the bus one or two stops earlier.
- Ventilate your apartment adequately, especially before going to bed if you can’t sleep with an open window.
- Always stand up very slowly from a lying, sitting position, move your limbs and head a little before.
- If you can, don’t go shopping during the fast, buy before what you need, make a list and go goal oriented to the right shelf – it will also help you not to be tempted.
- Take vitamin and mineral supplements – especially those recommended by your doctor and in the appropriate dose. For the most part, you should not take any naturally prescribed medication prescribed and taken during fasting.
- You should take or reduce or discontinue other medications under the guidance of a physician. (antihypertensives, anti-inflammatory drugs, thyroid drugs, heart drugs, etc.)
The day of breaking the fast
The day of the fast break is the last day of the fast, in the case of a 3-week fast it is the 21st day. The program for the day of fasting is different from the other days.
- On the day of the fast, you no longer need to take bitter salt,
- Fluid intake can be reduced to 2.5 liters per day
- Alkaline powder should not be taken either
- At 11 o’clock, make the table (napkin, candlelight, serenity, soft music) and eat a nice apple or a nice banana.
- Meditate a little before eating to see what this fast has meant to you and what you have experienced
- eat the fruit very slowly (preferably for half an hour), chew very thoroughly, up to 30-50 times a bite
- Have your first real lunch at 2 p.m.
- eat a vegetable soup or potato soup and, as a second, some steamed vegetables with potatoes or rice.
- You can also prepare a dinner around 6 p.m. according to the following principles
- on the day of the fast and for 2-3 days after, you may not eat brown bread, raw vegetables (maximum only lettuce leaves), significant amounts of fat, or meat.
- For the first 4 days you can eat rice waffles, vegetable soup, steamed or baked or grilled vegetables, peeled fruit
- In the evening, soak 10 pieces of prunes, which you can consume the next morning.
Come off or build up diet
- Learn to eat again – build up days are extremely important and require tremendous attention. Our body usually switch to fasting more easily than to eating after a fast. At first, always eat only a small amount of food, and at the same have an absolute peace of mind and enjoy every bite. You will be amazed at how soon you will be full. And don’t forget: you will never have a better opportunity to critically observe your eating habits and change anything you considered inappropriate before.
- coming off should be 1/3 of the time of fasting
- eat calmly, slowly
- chew up to 50x
- eat little, only that much you can be happy with
- try to eat only food made from live foods containing valuable nutrients (raw, freshly steamed or grilled, not canned)
- don’t eat late (after 7pm) or at most, just something small
- always drink more than thirst desires
- a resetting diet needs as strict controll as during fasting
- do not start coffee or smoking
Diet after resetting
- continue to follow the guidelines written in the come off diet
- your long-term diet should be an individual diet based on medical and dietary advice or You can put together a changed, healthier diet. To do this, use the diets I described under www.tamasidr.com. Describe which factors you want to change, make your own nutrition program out of it.
- The diet should be one that, in addition to healthy principles, also suits your taste, with which it is a pleasure to eat.
- eat small times, only if you are hungry
- eat little, only that much you can be happy with
- plan now when to perform your next liquid fast
ADVICES FOR THE PERIOD AFTER THE CURE
- After the cure, your body will be sensitive for a long time to anything that is not healthy or that you do not tolerate well, so
- If possible, eat more in the morning and at noon, for dinner stay with your usual tea during the treatment.
- Take a break of at least 4-6 hours between meals.
- In the evening, do not eat raw vegetables and fruits, because they start fermenting in the evening due to the slowing down of the digestion.
- Never sit down to eat hungry or exhausted after a cure, because it is difficult to stop yourself from eating up everything quickly or even more than you need and what your body can still cope with.
- Your meal should never be a side event e.g. while watching TV, reading newspapers, because you become less aware of how much you eat.
- Remember to still chew the food well: digestion begins with chewing!
- The stomach approximately can hold 1/2 liter of mushy food and digest it perfectly. What you eat in addition triggers fermentation and putrefaction processes in the further intestinal tract. Do not eat more than the size of your two fists.
- Avoid drinking plenty of fluids before, during and immediately after a meal. This dilutes and neutralizes the digestive juices and expands the stomach.
- During the day, however, still drink plenty.
- Try not to eat not too much type of foods during a meal, because it tempts to eat more and more and also makes digestion more difficult.
- Pay attention to the following exaggerations:
too fast too much too often too late
too fatty too salty too sweet too sour
too spicy too tired too much variety
- Eat fresh vegetables, salads and fruits at the beginning of meals
- Do not smoke, drink coffee or drink alcohol.
- Include at least one fast day per week, liquid fast, fruit or vegetable day. You may be able to correct your faults with a weekend every 2 weeks or 3-4 days a month. After a festive feast, or other major transgressions, hold a diet day.